Lite for Life© Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
for Life© Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade chicken noodle soup has not only been served at every Christmas Day dinner but has been a staple year round in my family for generations. Growing up in a Ukrainian/Croation home meant having great meals every day! And homemade chicken noodle soup is still one of my all time favorites. Thanks Mommy!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Quantity: 4 Servings
1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds) (1.5Kg)
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half
12 cups (3 L) of cold water
2 teaspoons (10 ml) salt
¼ cup (165 ml) dill (fresh or frozen)
1. Clean and wash the chicken.
2. Put the cleaned chicken into a large stockpot.
3. Cover with cold water and bring it to a rapid boil.
4. Turn down the heat to simmer.
5. Skim off any thick deposits until the stock is clear.
6. Add onion halves and sliced carrots.
7. Add salt.
8. Let the stock simmer until the carrots are cooked and the chicken is tender (about 35 minutes)
9. Remove the chicken from the pot carefully to a platter.
10.Add the dill to the stockpot and let it stand for a few minutes to allow the dill to flavor the stock before serving.
1. You can add bits of chicken meat to the stock if you wish.
2. To Serve:
- Place a generous amount of freshly cooked homemade noodles in a soup bowl.
- Ladle chicken soup stock over the noodles, being sure to have some dill in each serving
rights reserved Bizfare Enterprise Inc & Lite for Life©