Lite for Life© Mixed Vegetable Salad
for Life© Mixed Vegetable Salad
This recipe was inspired by a delicious salad served at Ottawa University Alumni Restaurant in
2007. Just right sized vegetables which have marinated in a savory dressing is a meal in itself.
For healthy at work or school lunches, this easy to prepare salad will become one of your
favourites. A great dish for taking along on a picnic, or a welcome addition to a potluck dinner.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes + 1 hour Chilling Time
Servings: 14 Cups (3L) approximate
1 tablespoon (15 ml) poultry seasoning OR chicken flavoured seasoning for vegetarian version
1 cup (250ml) light extra virgin olive oil
½ cup apple cider vinegar
Stevia* - enough to equal 1 teaspoon (5ml)
1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
1 teaspoon (5ml) ground black pepper
2 cups lightly steamed cauliflower bite-sized pieces
2 cups lightly steamed broccoli bite-sized pieces
2 cups finely diced zucchini
2 cups lightly steamed carrots, finely diced
2 cups thinly sliced canned baby corn on the cob
2 cups finely diced MacIntosh apples (soaked in lemon water to prevent browning) drain before
1 cup raisins, rinsed
1 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1. Lightly steam vegetables, except zucchini, for 2-3 minutes to retain colour and aid in
2. Dice and slice vegetables and fruit so that you will get a bit of every ingredient with each
3. Combine all ingredients, except marinade dressing, in a large, non-metallic bowl
4. Place all marinade dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Whisk marinade dressing ingredients well with a hand whisk or fork.
6. Pour marinade dressing over vegetables, raisins, pine nuts and apples in bowl.
7. Mix thoroughly.
8. Chill, covered, in refrigerator, for 1 hour.
9. Remove from refrigerator.
10. Gently stir contents of bowl to distribute marinade dressing evenly.
Note: * Stevia is a no-calorie natural sweetner. Use according to directions on bottle.
Serve with a crusty bread for a satisfying lunch. Great take-along for
potlucks or picnics.
rights reserved Bizfare Enterprise Inc & Lite for Life©