Lite for Life© Delicious and Lite Oatmeal Pancakes
for Life© Grandma's Oatmeal Pancakes
Delicious for a hearty weekend breakfast; served with sausages, peameal bacon, fresh fruit and scrambled
Preparation Time: 13 minutes
Cook Time: 5–7 minutes per batch of pancakes
Servings: Makes 12–14 medium size pancakes
In FIRST Bowl combine:
1 cup (250 ml) quickcooking oatmeal
1 ½ cups (375 ml) skim milk*
Put aside to soak for 10 minutes
In SECOND Bowl combine:
1 ½ cups (375 ml) unbleached flour
1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder
½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
1 teaspoon (5 ml) cinnamon
1. Add 2 slightly beaten egg whites or equivalent in egg beaters to FIRST bowl contents.
2. Stir well.
3. Add FIRST bowl contents to SECOND bowl of dry ingredients.
4. Stir until moistened, and no large lumps are visible.**
5. Heat griddle to 400 Degrees F (190 Degrees C).
6. Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) batter portions on hot griddle that has been lightly sprayed with canola oil.
7. Turn pancakes over when bubbles pop on the top of the pancakes, at 3–4 minutes.
8. Cook for another 3–4 minutes.
Serve with maple syrup or your choice of fresh fruits.
* Alternately combine 1 ½ cups water plus ¼ cup skim milk powder
** Caution: Do not overmix as the pancakes will not rise and will be glutenous, or tough and rubbery in
rights reserved Bizfare Enterprise Inc & Lite for Life©