Lite for Life© Roasted Chestnuts - A Warm Winter Snack
for Life© Roasted Chestnuts
Nothing says winter like the aroma of chestnuts roasting on an open fire. The soft, warm meat of the chestnut can be enjoyed without the hazards of the 'open fire'. Broiling in the oven brings out all the flavor of 'roasted' goodness of this perennial winter favorite right to your family. Roasted chestnuts a winter treat.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 18 - 20 minutes
Quantity: 1 – 2 pounds (1Kg) roasted chestnuts
1 – 2 pounds (500g) chestnuts that are dark, firm to the touch and shiny in appearance
1. Make a long incision on the side of the chestnut that is most flat. The incision will allow steam to escape as the chestnut is 'roasting'. Chestnuts are uneven in structure so can be tricky to handle. Slice carefully with a strong, pointed-tip knife.
2. Set the oven to broil.
3. Place the prepared chestnuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
4. Broil for 20 minutes, being sure to gently stir and shake the chesnuts occasionally to get an even 'roast'. Watch this time carefully, as it is easy to burn chestnuts.
5. Insert a knife tip into the meat of the chestnut through the incision you made earlier. The meat is done when it is soft and golden in color.
6. Remove the chestnuts from the oven and allow them to cool slightly for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy the delicious goodness of chestnuts. Serve the chestnuts warm and in the shell and your family and friends will thank you for this time-honored tradition of eating chestnuts 'roasted on an open fire'.
rights reserved Bizfare Enterprise Inc & Lite for Life©